Metis Music & Arts Festival
Mitchif Heritage Keepers hosts an annual Music and Art Festival to celebrate and perpetuate the history, culture and traditions of the Metis in Montana.
The three day event is held in Choteau, Montana and features workshops or demonstrations by published writers, award winning speakers, educators and respected elders.
- Fiddle & jigging contests
- Metis Senior Panel
- Beginning Metis Language Class
- Presentations – Metis Fiddle History & Native Herbal Medicines
- Auction, Raffle, Food Concession
- Campground adjacent to Pavilion
- $400, 1st place
- $300 2nd place
- $200 3d place
- $100 4th place
- $50 for eldest & youngest fiddle
Must register by Friday noon.