Go on a Dinosaur DigMay 24, 2017
- Visit Choteau and experience Americana at its finest!
- Shop local artisans at the Choteau Soroptimist Summer Festival in City Park, and while you’re there, race duckies down Spring Creek!
- On the 3rd, grab an ice-cold Montana craft beer and enjoy some music at the Choteau Pavilion.
- On the 4th, find a seat on Main Street at about 10 am and brace yourself for the sweetest parade you’ll ever experience.
- Experience pitchfork fondue and let us cook you a Montana steak.
- Grab a spot in the Choteau American Legion Rodeo Grounds and watch broncs, barrels, bulls, and roping in one of the oldest National Rodeo Association rodeos on the circuit.
- After sunset, head to Airport Hill and prepare to be blown away by a magnificent fireworks display put on by our hometown volunteer fire department.
Go on a Dinosaur Dig
Have your jet standing by in Choteau and get “Jurassic.” Become a paleontologist for a day! Head to Bynum and visit the Montana Dinosaur Center! Visit the museum at the Dinosaur Center and see the real-life fossilized baby dinos that […]
Scenic Sunset Golf
Grab a golf cart and hit the links! Choteau is home to the most scenic golf course on the Front! Head up to the Choteau Country Club before dusk for one of the most breathtaking sunsets around. Enjoy the full-service […]
Catch a shuttle and skip the lift lines—head to Teton Pass Ski Resort about 20 miles north of Choteau. Experience the oh-so-rare continuous vertical. At a more leisurely pace, discover the alpine touring terrain and great backcountry skiing access. Yummy […]
Snow Goose Migration
Around the second week of March and mid-October, hundreds of thousands of snow geese and tens of thousands of trumpeter and tundra swans visit Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area. From Choteau, take a 10-minute drive south on Highway 89 towards […]
Head toward the mountains for a chance to glimpse wildlife! Near Choteau, you could see herds of elk, whitetail and mule deer, grizzly and black bears, wolves, and a handful of smaller critters, like badgers and ground squirrels. You could […]